Welcome to the Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond Regional Gymnastics Championship
Hosted by Branch Gymnastics
The 2022 Regional Championships are scheduled for May 5 – 8, 2022.
We’d like to welcome you to the Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond Regional Championship meet. In this letter you can find ‘fast facts’ and information about the event. Please click the button below.
PARENT INFORMATION COMING SOON
AGE GROUPS BREAKDOWN
To view the age breakdowns, please download the form below.
R5 XCEL REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AGE BREAKDOWN
To view the Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond Regional Championship rotation sheets, download the sheet below.
To view the Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond Regional Championship meet schedule, please download the schedule below.
AAI equipment provided by Midwest Gym Supply
Modified Capitol Cup
ProScore / PlasmaGen / Alpha System
Results available at the conclusion of the event.
Entries must be submitted at State Meet prior to the conclusion of the meet.
ENTRY CHANGES & REFUNDS
Coaches must register for the Regional competition online and at their State Meet. Any changes (additions and/or deletions) should be sent to the Regional Championship meet director/host club.
Refunds will be honored up to 10 days (April 25, 2022) before the start of the Regional competition.
A regional qualifying score must be achieved at your respective State Championships.
XCEL SILVER | 36.00 | IES | 9.0
XCEL GOLD | 35.50 | IES | 9.0
XCEL PLATINUM | 35.00 | IES | 9.0
XCEL DIAMOND | 35.00 | IES | 9.0
*Note: Regarding IES, gymnasts must be declared as an IES on the official Entry Form.
Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond athletes are not able to petition to Regionals.
Register online through USA Gymnastics athlete registration process. Printed registration form and payment needs to be handed to the State Chair or designee at your state meet. Computers and printers will be provided at your state meet.
Step By Step Process:
- Xcels will have both an online and printed copy of registration upon completion of the meet.
- The printed copy of registration along with payment are due the last day of your state meet.
- The online registration is through USA Gymnastics. You must have a USA Gymnastics Username and Password and MUST BE A DESIGNATED CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
- Make sure to double check your USA Gymnastics club list for accuracy: Gymnasts Spelling of Names, Date-of-Birth and Level.
Step by step procedures for online registration:
- Log onto www.usagym.org
- Go to ‘My Sanctions’
- Select the Regional Competition you want to enter by sanction # or name of competition
- Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond– Sanction # 82719
- Go to ’Reservation’ at bottom of page
- Click on ‘Reservation’ and fill out form completely
- Only submit allotted number of coaches (by level) according to R&P
- 1 – 4 athletes –> maximum 3 coaches
- 5 – 9 athletes –> maximum 5 coaches
- Click ‘submit’
- Select and print page 1 of the reservation and attach check.
- Write in “IES” on the right column next to your gymnast if they are competing as an Individual Event Specialist
A Regional qualifying score must be achieved at your respective State Championship meet.
*Note: Regarding IES, gymnasts must be declared as an IES before the start of the competition.
Regional meet entries must be submitted electronically using the USAG Registration System before the conclusion of your respective State meet. Additionally, printed registration form and payment must be handed to the State Chair or designee at your State Meet.
Printed registration form and payment in full must be submitted by the conclusion of your respective State Meet. One club/company check must be submitted on behalf of all athletes representing that club.
SUBMIT ENTRY FORM & PAYMENT
2021-2022 Xcel Regional Championships
393 N. Helmer Road
Battle Creek, MI 49037
Fax: (269) 963-3678
Please make checks payable to: Branch Gymnastics
Individual Competition – Thirty-three percent (33%) of each age group is awarded for event and all-around.
State Team Competition – Four Scores Count toward State Team Score
- Silver Division – State Team A and B (9 per Squad)
- Gold Division – State Team A and B (9 per Squad)
- Platinum Division – State Team A (8 per Squad)
- Diamond Division – State Team B (8 per Squad)
- Thirty-three percent (33%) of age group per Team A and B. Separate awards for Team A and Team B. Top six (6) receive regional medal and seventh (7th) and down receive state medal.
All-Star Competition – Thirty-three (33%) of age group per division (Silver – Diamond).
- Top six (6) in event and AA are awarded the regional medal and seventh (7th) and down are awarded state medal.
Process for Ties
- Ties are not broken but places are skipped
- In the event of a tie for the final award place, all competitors would receive a medal
Coaches must provide floor music in a digital format (MP3, computer, tablet, smart phone, etc.). The meet director does not provide CD playback equipment. The device must have a screen and must be able to be connected to the playing equipment via cable.
Permission is hereby grated to the Branch Gymnastics by way of entering the USA Gymnastics Xcel Regionals at the Kellogg Arena to use any photographs that may be taken at the event on the Regional Meet or Branch Gymnastics web sites and/or in Regional / Meet or Branch Gymnastics printed publications or electronic communications without further consideration, and to hold harmless the above named entities.
$10.00 – Adults (18+)
$5.00 – Seniors (65+)
$5.00 – Children (2-17)
APPAREL & MERCHANDISE
There will be official meet apparel available on site.
1 McCamly Square
Battle Creek, MI 49017
Parking in the Hamblin Ave Parking ramp will be $8.00.
Please see the Parking Map (below) for more parking options.
* Parking in the ramp on Thursday and/or Friday daytime will be limited.
Face Masks & Health Screenings
All coaches must follow all COVID protocols established by USAG and the State of Michigan.
At this time masks, proof of vaccination and/or a negative COVID test are NOT required.
WHERE TO STAY
Holiday Inn (Battle Creek)
12812 Harper Village Drive
Battle Creek, MI 49014
Please ask for Regional Championships to receive a special rate of $119 per night!
Home2 Suites by Hilton
Please ask for Regional Championships to receive a special rate of $109 per night!
Please ask for Regional Championships to receive a special rate of: $149/night King with Sleeper Sofa
CODE: Region 5 Xcel Gymnastics Meet
Hampton Inn (Battle Creek)
Please ask for Regional Championships to receive a special rate of $114 per night!
CODE: Region 5 Xcel Gymnastics Meet
Quality Inn and Suites (next to Casino)
11081 E Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49014
Please ask for Regional Championships to receive a special rate of $143 per night!
CODE: Region 5 Xcel Championships
(Cancellations must be made by May 4th or there will be a one night room charge)
Region 5 Xcel Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond Regional Gymnastics Championship
Host: Branch Gymnastics
Sponsors, Vendors, and Ads
Athlete Entry, Change, or Scratch Questions
Please submit ALL correspondence via email. Verbal requests will not be accepted.